Concrete and Aggregate Quality Control Technician
Location: Nationwide contracts, primarily serving (Northwestern States regions) Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Wyoming.
Job Type: Full-Time (Not Seasonal)
Company Overview: Grade Tech is a reputable grading and excavating company with nationwide contracts, focusing on the Northwestern States regions. We are currently seeking a dedicated and motivated full-time Concrete and Aggregate Quality Control Technician to join our team. This role involves overseeing the quality and testing of ready-mix concrete and concrete and road base materials. Additionally, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to learn batch operations, operate a mixer onsite, and provide valuable support to our concrete team in producing top-quality products. At Grade Tech, we provide the necessary tools and certifications to excel in this role, and we are committed to fostering a culture of quality and safety.
Successful candidates in this role should possess the following qualities and be prepared for the following responsibilities:
- Travel: This position requires 100% travel within the Northwestern U.S., typically working during the week with weekends at home. Some projects may involve 2-3 week out-of-town schedules. If you’re enthusiastic about travel, good pay, and excellent benefits, read on!
- Strong Computer Skills: Proficiency in working with computers and managing numerical data involved in concrete and aggregate testing.
- Concrete Expertise: General knowledge of ready-mix concrete and related materials, including the ability to troubleshoot issues that affect concrete quality and collaborate with batch operators to make necessary adjustments.
- Physical Ability: The role involves lifting and carrying up to 80 pounds, climbing ladders, and performing various physical activities at work sites.
- Detail-Oriented: Ability to inspect and observe areas of concern with great attention to detail.
- Team Player: Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a cohesive team, with open and clear communication.
- Weather Resilience: Willingness to work in all weather conditions to sample and test concrete production.
- Lab Work: Proficiency in managing and testing concrete cylinders in an onsite lab or coordinating transfers to a third-party lab. Ability to sample and test aggregate samples in an onsite lab or transfer to a third-party lab.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of concrete and aggregate testing, or a willingness to learn and grow on the job.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Certifications required, including ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician-Grade 1, ACI Aggregate Testing Technician-Level 1, and Concrete Strength Testing Technician. These certifications are provided by the company.
- Previous experience in concrete testing and the construction industry is preferred, but we are willing to train the right individual.
Pay and Benefits:
At Grade Tech, we value our employees and offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Competitive Salary: $23.00-$27.00+ per hour (DOE), with opportunities for overtime.
- Family Medical Insurance: 100% company-paid for the employee and family.
- Family Dental and Vision Insurance: 100% company-paid for the employee and family.
- Group Life Insurance: 100% company-paid for the employee.
- Retirement Benefits: 401K dollar-for-dollar matching up to 6%.
- Long Term Disability: 100% company-paid for the employee.
- Short Term Disability: 100% company-paid for the employee.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay: 7 paid holidays per year.
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities.
If you possess the skills and qualities mentioned above, take pride in your work, and thrive in a team-oriented environment, we want to hear from you. Join our Grade Tech family where every employee is a key player in solving problems and contributing to our continued success.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through our online application portal.
Thank you for considering Grade Tech as your next career move!